“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been”— Rainer Maria Rilke, poet
Happy 2016! I’m looking forward to the new year and the opportunities it brings. It also marks one year anniversary of this little blog, ciderandblackblog.com and Cider&Black on Instagram. What started out as an experiment has turned into a gratifying creative outlet and even side business. I’m so thrilled to be at the one-year mark, and couldn’t be more excited about the possibilities a new year brings.
As a thank you to my readers, I have a special cocktail recipe to ring in the new year – Prosecco with red currants.
Prosecco with Red Currants
Ingredients (makes 1 cocktail)
- 1/2 c. chilled Prosecco
- 2 T. currant nectar or cassis
- 1-2 slices of starfruit
- 1-2 small bunches of red currants
- Pour the currant nectar or cassis into a wine glass.
- Pour Prosecco over the cassis.
- Garnish with starfruit and mini munches of red currants.
Thanks for reading, and cheers to 2016!